What to do if a poisoning occurs:
Call 911 if the person has collapsed or is not breathing.
If the person is awake and alert call the Poison Center by dialing 1-800-222-1222.
Have the following information ready;
- How the person is doing
- When did the poisoning happen
- What is the name of the product or medication
- Age and weight may or may not be needed
- Does the person have any medical conditions
- What treatment has been done so far for the person
Even if you are not sure a poisoning has occurred, or have a question it is always best to call the Nebraska Regional Poison Center to discuss with a specialist in poison information. You will speak directly with a registered nurse or pharmacist. We are here to help you.
P urfyGGZ huj